Is the Popcorn Diet Healthy?
There is a weight loss diet that focuses on just about every type of food out there, and popcorn is no exception. Popcorn is a handy food that is inexpensive, easy to make and high in fiber. Eating popcorn regularly, as long as there isn’t butter or excessive salt added, can be part of a healthy, low-calorie diet for weight loss.
Buy a hot air popper and popcorn kernels, and use those items to make popcorn instead of using microwave popcorn in your diet. Pop the popcorn without using oil to keep it low-calorie.
- Popcorn is a very simple snack to reach for and does not require a lot of preparation as some other diets do.
- Popcorn is very affordable and can be purchased anywhere.
- Choosing healthy snacks is a very important part of maintaining weight loss.
- Eating too much popcorn may block the body from absorbing vitamin B. This may lead to health problems.
- While the Popcorn Diet sounds like a good idea, most people will quickly grow tired of eating popcorn only for snacks. Plain popcorn is not very tasty so it will be tempting to add fattening ingredients such as butter to make it taste better. People may also want to eat other snacks and may quickly stop eating healthy snacks and reach for the potato chips instead.
- This diet does not stress the importance of exercise in successful weight loss.
- The Popcorn Diet does not give any guidelines on other healthy snacks to eat or on healthy meals to choose. This kind of diet must be supplemented with lots of vegetables and lean protein in order to lose weight.
- Since plain popcorn is not very interesting, many people will find it tempting to eat more at meals so they do not find themselves hungry in the afternoon and forced to eat popcorn. This can actually cause a person to gain weight, because most people do not know the correct portion sizes to eat and are already eating too much at meals.