A SECRET OF ANTI-AGING
By Stephanie Relfe & Michael Relfe
Anti aging is possible. The body is designed to heal and repair itself with the aid of proper nutrition. The body requires two vital materials to complete this – energy and raw material. These two requirements are needed to maintain the cell’s proper functions. The body is made up of cells and all cells are living. All living things need food. Each cell needs the proper food to keep it strong. Cells die and replace themselves at various intervals. To understand anti-aging, understand that when a cell replaces itself it has three options that it can replace itself with:
1. A cell may replace itself with a weaker cell each time. A cell will do this if it hasn’t had the right nutritional foods available to it. This process is called degeneration.
2. A cell can replace itself with the same strength cell. This means the body doesn’t improve. That is, you have a chronic condition.
3. The cell is capable of replacing itself with a stronger and better cell. This will happen only if the cell has an abundance of energy and the right raw materials. This process is called regeneration. It is anti-aging.
Many of the foods that we have been told are good for us in actual fact may cause degeneration. This can be shown by muscle testing. Your kinesiologist can supply you with information on which foods to avoid to stop degeneration, and which foods to buy to aid regeneration and anti-aging.
Foods which usually cause degeneration and aging are:
- High levels of carbohydrate
- Milk (especially homogenized milk) and cheese
- Caffeine – Including Tea, Coffee, chocolate, cola, chuppa chups, guarana (Try Chaga – The Coffee Substitute that is very good for you)
- Chocolate (MUCH worse than you ever realised)
- White flour
- Microwaved food
- Chemicals such as fluoride (which is a rat poison)
- Artificial sweeteners (especially aspartame / nutrasweet)
- Processed foods
- Artificial Colorings (as in Gatorade)
- Monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- Preserved meat
- Moderate to high levels of meat
- Meat from animals on unnatural diets (eg pork)
- Vegetable oil
- Canola oil
- Cotton seed oil
- Hydrogenated oils
- Oil that is not cold pressed / expeller pressed (use olive oil, butter or ghee)
- Deep fried foods
- Chips / French fries
- Puffed grains
- Soy products other than soy sauce, miso and tofu (eg soy milk & soy oil)
- Meat and eggs raised by `normal’ methods which have many toxins and hormones.
- Seafood which are garbage eaters (eg oysters)
- Foods with high levels of mercury. This includes most fish, such as tuna.
- Aluminium. Especially from aluminium cookware.
- Genetically Modified Food (GMOs). At present this is about 50% of all soy and corn. Even organic soy and corn can have GMOs in it unless otherwise stated.
A MAJOR cause of aging is heavy metals. Virtually all of us suffer from heavy metal toxicity. Chelation can help.
Foods which can help regeneration and anti-aging include
- RAW seeds, soaked and sprouted grains. Also raw nuts, but not as much.
- Green leafy vegetables
- Lentils – learn Indian cooking to make them interesting
- Beans that have been soaked for 8 hours. (That is, ‘sprouted’. This makes them alkaline)
- Brown rice that has been soaked for 22 hours. This makes it alkaline
- Organic Cottage cheese and yogurt. They are alkalline. The bacteria has changed the original milk.
- Goji Berries
- Super Food
- Bee Pollen (not for everyone-some are allergic to pollen from some areas)
- Celtic sea salt
- Seaweed (so long as it is not near Japan due to radiation from Fukushima)
- Wheatgrass juice
- Barley greens
- Aloe vera
- Antioxidants (eg vitamin C, vitamin E, pycnogenols, coenzyme Q10)
- Evening primrose oil
- MSM (organic sulphur) (only a bit. Be very careful about having too much!)
- Foods with omega 3 fatty acids (eg flaxseed oil) and
- Foods with omega 4 & 5 fatty acids (eg evening primrose and fish oil).
- Sunlight (vitamin D)
- Non-strenuous xercise, especially walking.
- A good night’s sleep every night, average at least eight hours every day. Lack of sleep is CUMULATIVE.
- Fulvic (if you can find a good way to get it, which I have not yet found, since I am not sure that it does not react with the container. We are meant to get this from foods grown with a lot of humus)
- Chaga. From Siberia. A great replacement for coffee.
In addition, frequent drinks of good water is crucial. We believe the best water is water that has been filtered by reverse osmosis. Next best would be spring water. Tap water is not as good because of the chlorine and the fluoride (although it is better than nothing). Distilled water is not as good for you – its energy has been altered. In Europe distilled water is labelled “not for human consumption”. Mineral water is not as good because the minerals are not in a form your body likes. Water that comes from the top of mountains is no good because, according to genius Victor Schauberger, it is lacking in oxygen. Many people’s health problems and anti-aging would improve if they would just drink more good water!
Nutritionists like to divide food into a number of different groups. I suggest that you think about dividing food up into two food groups. One group produces acids when it is digested. The other group produces alkalies when it is digested. Our bodies are constantly producing waste products, much the same as the exhaust coming from the back of your car. Waste products are acidic. They are called toxins. Toxins cause tiredness, pain and aging. Therefore, if you want more energy and less pain and anti-aging, you need to eat less acid-producing food.
Foods that produce acids are carbohydrates and proteins. ‘Foods’ such as tea, coffee, softdrinks, sugar, flavourings, artificial sweetener and preserved meats are even more acidic i.e. toxic. And pollutants (such as heavy metals) and pesticides are even worse.
To neutralise an acid you need an alkali. The main foods that produce alkalis are fruit and vegetables, particularly leafy, green vegetables, such as sprouts, parsley and cabbage. That is why people should eat LOTS of fruit and especially vegetables, for anti-aging. Raw is best. And steamed is much, much better than boiled (as it retains the vitamins and minerals). Also organic cottage cheese and yogurt.
Once you begin to understand this, it is easy to see why so many people are suffering from health problems. Have a look at what people put into their shopping carts next time you are at the supermarket. (Lots of white bread, soft drinks and preserved meats). And have a look at what people have on their plate next time you are in a restaurant. Lots of carbohydrate and protein, and very few vegetables, except maybe for some lettuce.
This is not to say that we don’t need protein and complex carbohydrates. We do. The key is BALANCE. We need to balance the acid-producing foods we eat with much more alkali-producing foods, especially if we suffer from symptoms such as tiredness, pain, illness, gas and skin problems.
The other thing to bear in mind is that the body has hundreds of different chemical reactions going on, for which it needs at least NINETY different things, including vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids. Therefore, people need more variety in their diet, to ensure that they get everything their body needs, for effective anti-aging.